Academics at Martel College
- The Academics Committee of Martel College consists of members of two groups of students, the Martel Mentors and the Peer Academic Advisors (PAAs). Each subgroup serves a slightly different function, but both work together toward empowerment of Martelian academic endeavors and enrichment of Martelian intellectual life.
- The Martel Mentors are present throughout the year to organize faculty lectures at Martel, provide individual and group review sessions and tutoring for core classes, advise on writing assignments, facilitate student research and student taught courses, and foster a culture of peer study and learning.
- The Martel PAAs, starting during O-Week, are liaisons between the Office of Academic Advising and Rice students, who assist with course registration, semester and degree planning, class selection, administrative rules and graduation requirements, and building study and time management skills.
- The Head Mentors and Committee Chairs are Navtej (Navi) Dhaliwal and Ellen Liu. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Head PAAs are Ginny Johnson, Kaio Ferreira, and Michelle Mitchell. Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com